Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Rockfish Seafood Grill

The following posts come to you courtesy of awesome reader Brenna, who kindly shares her correspondence with several restaurants for the benefit of others. Brenna did a GREAT job and I'm so pleased to add her work to the archive here!

From Brenna:

My conversation with Guest Relations:
I am interested in dining at Rockfish to find more restaurants suitable for both vegans and omnivores.

I am vegan and allergic to dairy. I eat no animal products (no dairy, egg, meat, fish, honey, lard, or other animal additives.) What options would I have at Rockfish? I am interested in your House Salad. Is the Fat Free Sundried Tomato Vinaigrette free of dairy and other animal products? Do your black beans contain lard? Can your mixed veggies, sweet potatoes, roasted potatoes, and grilled asparagus be made without butter?

I encourage you to offer more meatless items at Rockfish. With vegan options on your menu, you will “hook” those of us who do not eat animal products, and also bring in those who do. My boyfriend is not vegan, and we are always looking for more restaurants which are suitable for both of our tastes. Including vegan items will be a huge boon to your business. Your menu already includes many items which can be combined to create delicious vegan entrees. You will find that fresh vegetables are inexpensive, and you probably already stock many veggies in your kitchen. We vegans will appreciate the meatless options and frequent your restaurant for tasty vegan meals, and bring along our non-vegan family and friends who will enjoy your other offerings.

Thank you sincerely for your help.


Response from Matt Baum, Corporate Chef and Culinary Operations Manager:
I just received your email questions via our Guest Relations site and have the answers for you. Our Rockfish House Salad without the Candied Pecans would definitely be an option. The Fat Free Sun-dried Tomato Vinaigrette and Black Beans are clear also. All of our Vegetables (Broccoli, Carrots, Spinach, Asparagus, Squash, and Corn on the Cob) can be prepared without butter. We can also do Grilled Sweet Potatoes or Boiled New Potatoes. I hope this will help make a great meal for you. Thank you for your questions and comments about our food and please let me know if you need any more information. I will look into other non-meat options and maybe in the near future be able to add that item to our menu. Thank you and I hope the birthday celebration goes well.

I ended up ordering the House Salad (as described), black beans, and sweet potato medallions. I spent about $12 and was pleasantly full. The sweet potatoes were cooked PERFECTLY. I really enjoyed my meal at Rockfish, and I will definitely go back.

No comments: