Friday, March 7, 2008

Neglected.

Menus change, and hopefully attitudes are too. Even Gardenburger is making more of their formerly vegetarian offerings vegan.

I'm frustrated to find that much of the work I'm doing here may become obsolete.

I'm glad to find much of the work I'm doing here may become obsolete - because people have listened and adjusted or added items to their menus to accommodate vegans.

Accuracy of information is one of my highest priorities, however, and this project has taught me the difficulty of that goal as applied here. There exists great resources on the web, which are working towards the same goal I outlined here. I'm going to leave these old posts up because I think they do continue to have value and relevance, if nothing than from an archival standpoint.
Please visit the following sites for help in finding vegan restaurant menu items. Of course, I cannot attest to the accuracy of the information contained within these sites:

Quan Yin Method Meditation - "vegan eating in any restaurants"

Happycow

Scottandfaisa.com vegan page

CommunityWalk Vegan & Vegetarian Restaurant Guide to the World

Vegeats World Vegan Restaurants Guide (directory)

Happy dining!

9 comments:

trina said...

Thank you for all the work you've done. I'm sad to see you go.

Perfumes said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Perfume, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://perfumes-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

b said...

erin, does this mean you will start another blog? one that ables me to spy on you life (in a friend who loves you way, not a stalker who loves you way).

loooveXbrittany said...

i love your blog! you are the only word i truly believe in. the only restaurants i visit are the ones you inquire and get down to the nitty gritty with! Thank you for helping vegans take over the food industry and make them cater to our needs!

(:

Vegan Eating Out said...

Your post was one of many things that inspired me to make my website, Vegan Eating Out. It is catagorized by restaurants, fast food and snack eateries that have vegan menu options and do not have vegan menu options. Each company's menu is listed with sources and contact information so you can encourage them to offer vegan options.

I hope vegans and vegetarians transitioning into veganism can find this useful:

Vegan Restaurant and Fast Food Menu Items

John C. said...

Thank you for your blog. I really like the approach you took, even if it was too much to keep everything up to date. Receiving all those emails has to have had some impact on these companies. I wish there were a group project of this nature, like a vegan restaurant wiki, that users could update with requests like yours.

Thanks again!

Erin said...

Thanks to all for the kind words.

John, a vegan restaurant wiki is a great idea. The dynamic nature of the wiki as a tool is perfectly suited to the subject.

Wikis are easy to start!

http://www.wikispaces.com/

Brenna said...

Erin,

I have a few conversations with Rockfish and Razoo's I'd like to share with you. Perhaps you could add them to your Master List?

Where can I email you? I'm at queenjane1235@gmail.com

Thanks!

Jacki said...

between this and the VeganXpress phone app, eating out is easier than ever. If not for your blog, my meal from Chuy's totally wouldn't have happened. I wouldn't have even looked at the menu and it's a block from my house!